At Willowcroft Community School we recognise that all children have a right to a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum. We aim to create a happy, educationally exciting and positive environment in which all pupils can develop to their full potential. We recognise that children are individuals, that each one has needs special to him or her.
We aim to:
- ensure that our curriculum is responsive to all children whatever their individual need
- promote positive attitudes and individual confidence, ensuring all children experience success identify, assess, record and regularly review pupils’ special educational needs.
- encourage parents/guardians to be involved in planning and supporting at all stages of their child’s development.
- make effective use of support services.
The Oxfordshire County Council Local Offer for Children with SEN and disabilities can be found at: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/taxonomy/term/278
Information and Guidance/Points of Contact
Who should I contact to discuss the concerns or needs of my child?
Willowcroft Community School is committed to working in partnership with parents and will listen to any concerns parents may wish to raise. Please contact the school to arrange a meeting.
- Class Teacher – is the first point of contact. They monitor the progress of each child and liaise with key staff about interventions needed.
- Key Stage Coordinator/Early Years Foundation Stage Coordinator- deals with concerns which cannot be dealt with by the class teacher.
- SENCO – Philippa Purvis
- SENCO - Sarah Bissell
- Assistant SENCO -Christine Hussey
- Special needs teacher - Lizzy Williams
- Child and Family Support Lead – Amanda Jones
- Child and Family Worker - Tracey Hammond
- Deputy Head Teacher - Jodie Brown
- Headteacher– Amanda Doy
- SEND Governor – Luce Carter
In addition, parents and carers can contact SENDIASS (Formerly Parent Partnership) who will be able to provide you with advice and support. Use the link below or telephone 01865 810516 (term–time only).