Wow! What a busy term we have had in Dragonflies Class! The children have planted beans like Jack in the beanstalk, tasted porridge like Goldilocks, made houses for the 3 little pigs and even investigated the gingerbread thief! The children have worked really hard with their writing and phonics and have made great progress!
Next term our topic will be 'People Who Help Us'. We will be looking at lots of different professions, such as Doctors, Police officers and Firemen discussing how they are important!
The children will be in new phonics groups this term so please remember to bring book bags to school every day.
PE will be on Fridays and will be Cleals Wheels in Term 4. Please come to school in full PE kit (Willowcroft top, tracksuit/shorts, trainers)
Forest School will remain on Wednesdays. Your child will be going on the following dates:
- Wednesday 28th February
- Wednesday 13th March
- Wednesday 27th March
Please ensure your child wears warm clothes for Forest School.
Other dates for your diary:
- Monday 26th February - Class Photo Day
- Tuesday 27th February - Heights and Weights Check
- Wednesday 13th March - Parents Evening
- Thursday 14th March - Parents Evening
- Tuesday 19th March - Maths Stay and Play in the afternoon
- Monday 25th March - Little City visit to school
- Thursday 28th March - Break up for Easter 1pm finish.
Each week we will post maths challenges linked to the learning we are doing in class. Have a go at doing these at home.
These are the books linked to this terms Maths - Building 9 & 10 that you can share at home with your child.
• Nine Naughty Kittens by Linda M. Jennings
• Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by Mem Fox
• Cockatoos by Quentin Blake
• How Do Dinosaurs Count to Ten? by Jane Yolen
• The ‘Ten Little …’ series by Mike Brownlow
• Anno’s Counting Book by Mitsumasa Anno
• One Duck Stuck by Phyllis Root
• Mouse Count by Ellen Stoll Walsh
• Ten in the Bed by Penny Dale
• One Gorilla by Anthony Browne
• Mr Willy-Nilly and Zoey’s Dream by Ji-yun Shin
• Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes by Kimberly and James Dean
• Ten Black Dots by Donald Crews
• Two of Everything by Babette Cole
• Double the Ducks by Stuart J. Murphy
• One Odd Day by Doris Fisher and Dani Sneed